What is Least Cost Routing?
When inbound toll free calls are routed to your company, that traffic can follow several different paths. Least Cost Routing is a method by which we help you determine the lowest cost path. Call quality and stability are never compromised. You can use your existing carriers and maintain full control of your carrier relationships. This means you can use Tier 1 carriers and remain compliant with your existing contracts.
Using criteria such as geographic location, time of day, and carrier rate data, we build a complex routing template which we then load into the SMS 800 database. As a result, your toll free traffic is routed for the least cost possible, saving you money. You don’t have to make any changes. We just help you more efficiently route your traffic and suddenly you have more money in your pocket. It couldn’t be more simple.
Comprehensive Rating, Routing and Management Platform for Voice
Ready To Save Money?
Fill out the contact form below to have an experienced Sales staff member provide you with a free cost analysis. Let ATL Communications show you how we can save you money.
* These fields are required.
REAL-TIME COST TRACKING
- ATL’s Analytics Platform rates all your calls on a continuous basis, providing you with up-to-date cost information as soon as its available
- An easy-to-use reporting interface allows viewing of financial data in every practical way
- Know your costs by number, vendor, customer, and area
- 4 rate deck columns allow multiple jurisdiction rate-decks, including inter-state, intrastate, and local
- Upload Prefix, NPANXX, and LATA/OCN rate decks natively
- Accurate billing determined by ANI, LRN, JIP, or POI
- Cost alarming lets you know when margins go negative
- Key performance metric alarms let you know when network performance has degraded
- Alarm off ASR, NER, ALOC, call counts and many more standard network performance metrics
- Financial alarms to alert you when selling at a loss or when average costs exceed the norm
- Cause code alarming allows screen for specific call failure reasons
- Variance alarms let you know when traffic is down unexpectedly
POWERFUL REPORTING TOOLS
- ATL’s Analytics Platform provides a rich set of reporting features to examine your network traffic data in almost any way
- Up-to-the-minute dashboarding provides at-a-glance snapshot of the current state of network performance
- Comprehensive Ad-Hoc reporting gives you the power to search and understand your call data
- Call detail record viewing with comprehensive search parameters allow you to pinpoint call detail records for viewing or export.
- Quickly find call records for trouble-shooting and export records in custom defined formats
- Easy Toll-free route map generation based real costs
- Use your existing call detail data and vendor rates to calculate optimal route maps
- Incorporate ANI, LRN, and JIP cost information into the route map calculations
- Keep track of your current costs vs optimal costs
- Know when it is time to update your Toll-Free route maps for an optimal LCR
PROFIT PROTECTED VOICE TERMINATION LCR
- Automatic LCR generation that is built directly from your rate decks
- Easily manage a large vendor base for the best rates in all regions
- SIP 302 Redirect based routing engine
- Set minimum margins for each customer and vendor
- Customizable LCR for each customer
- Manual routing overrides for custom tailoring routes or responding to trouble tickets
Your Questions Answered: Least Cost Routing
Q: Do I need more than one carrier to get a least cost routing template?
A: Yes, right now we use your existing carrier rate decks and choose the least expensive carrier for each routing scenario. However, there has been a lot of demand for other options, so if this is a concern for you just keep checking back.